The European Construction Industry Federation in the employers joint statement to support the recovery !
With this statement, FIEC together with BusinessEurope and other signatory European sectoral employers express a clear message to public authorities and trade unions at all levels that European employers are committed to make their best efforts to continually employ and create new job opportunities in Europe, highlihgting at the same time their needs to be able to do so.
Recalling the importance of:
- a growth strategy including the green and digital transitions but not limited to these two crucial transitions.
- a strengthening of key industrial value chains and ecosystems,
- a solutions to be designed now to ensure an adequate functioning of free movement of workers in the case of a second wave of Covid-19 or in view of a future similar sanitary crisis,
- the rolling out of the European skills agenda in close connection to industrial policy objectives and initiatives,
- a science-based approach underpinning a safe-return to the workplace of all workers.
--> see more details in our joint statement published on 24 July 2020