In the context of DAY 1 of the #EUIndustryDays (8-11 Feb 2022) promoted by the European Commission in Brussels, the EU sectoral Social Partners, namely FIEC and the European Federation of Building and Woodworkers (EFBWW), in cooperation with the European Builders Confederation (EBC), signed and launched a joint Pact for Skills in Construction.
The Pact was initiated by the European Commission in the framework of the “EU Skills Agenda”, and developed by FIEC, EFBWW and EBC to mobilise concerted efforts among private and public partners for quality investment in Vocational and Educational Training (VET) and Knowledge, Skills and Competences. The initiative will benefit the European construction sector, and for all people’s working age across the Union’s Single Market, with a full commitment to respect and uphold the following key principles:
1. Building strong partnerships, including with VET institutions
2. Monitoring occupational supply/demand and anticipating KSC needs
3. Working against discrimination
4. Attracting more young people and women in the sector
5. Promoting a culture of lifelong learning for all, supported by adapted incentives
- Click to read and download the EU Pact for Skills in Construction
Endorse the joint Pact for Skills in Construction, fill in and submit the online form, your contribution is valuable!
- Check joint Press Release disseminated by @FIEC_Brussels @EFBWW_ and @EBC_SMEs
- Follow us on Twitter for more updates and highlights on the online event parallel session (8 Feb 14h00 - 15h00) dedicated to the Construction Ecosystem!