Created in 1905, FIEC aisbl stands for the European Construction Industry Federation.
Through its 32 national member federations in 27 European countries (24 EU & Norway, Switzerland, Ukraine), it represents construction enterprises of all sizes (from one person craftsmen and SMEs through to large international firms), from all building and civil engineering specialties, engaged in all kinds of working methods (whether operating as main or sub-contractors).
Thanks to its wide-ranging representativeness FIEC is the officially recognised Social Partner, representing employers, in the European Sectoral Social Dialogue "Construction".
- FIEC strives to :
- Represent and promote the interests of the European construction industry towards the European Institutions while helping to increase knowledge of the sector among policymakers and the general public.
- Promote sustainable development in the construction business in order to facilitate the implementation of the green transition and thereby the achievement of the EU Green Deal goals.
- Promote a public procurement system ensuring a true level playing field for all EU construction companies.
- Ensure that the specific interests of construction SMEs are taken into account.
- Promote a network of sustainable transport and energy infrastructure to help underpin the EU's medium and long-term growth.
- Cooperate, as the officially recognised Social Partner, with the EFBWW (European Federation of Building and Wood Workers), representing the workers, for the improvement of working conditions, health and safety and training.
- Promote and facilitate cooperation and the exchange of best practice between FIEC members and other players in the eco-system, such as architects, engineers, products and machineries manufacturers.
- Foster a climate of innovation in the sector and promote the right policy framework that encourages the swift uptake of new technologies, of innovative processes and that accelerates the digitalisation of the construction industry.
Useful Documentation :
Check out our latest Annual Report
You can further learn about FIEC and its history in the following publication
"Construction in Europe: 100 years of FIEC"
Construction in Europe : 100 years of FIEC
L'Europe en construction : 100 ans de FIEC
Europa Baut : 100 Jahre FIEC